Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Reprise

Nearly 3 years ago now I had my first significant conversation about possibly pursuing paid full-time gospel ministry. And here I am, much further on this expedition than I thought was even possible a year ago.

Today, rather unexpectedly, I got to sit down with someone at the same stage I was then: an international student and finalist, taking tentative steps and peeking through that door marked "Full-time paid gospel ministry". And wonderfully, this student, having only peered through a peephole of this weird and wonderful and frightening world, then got up with a glimpse of a much broader vista. Well, ok, those are my words. :) But I hope I did help in some way, as we explored how to think through those questions, and as I got to lay on the table some options and resources that had not previously been considered, I helped this particular person just a little further along the way.

Walking home, I had one of those out-of-body experiences where I was thinking to myself: Man, I can't believe I actually said this or that! Was that me? Ugh!

And then I thought: Cool!

Labels: ,

Blogger Kar Yong said...

Good one! Glad that you are able to encourage someone in this manner.

12:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home