Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The year gone by

Looking back, I realised that this has actually not been an easy year for me. In fact, I suspect, in different ways all of my family has not had it easy at all. Even at this present moment, as one or two readers of my blog may know, I'm currently in the midst of a challenging situation.

But looking back, I am also truly thankful to a gracious God who watches over me. I am thankful that he chooses to be patient with those who are slow, i.e yours truly. He is there. I know suffering is part and parcel of the Christian life, but I think too that genuine hope is part of that same fabric. I was thinking tonight what it would be like if there was no God, and I simply found that vision despairing. But there is a God!

So here's to 2009. I know Christmas is over, but since I haven't wished my readers merry Christmas yet...Merry Christmas! And have a happy New Year too! See you in 2009.

Labels: ,

Post a Comment

<< Home