Wednesday, May 14, 2008

The One Movie Meme

Sorry for the recent lack of posts - I've had other things on my mind apart from blogging recently. Didn't feel like writing anything particularly weighty today, so although I wasn't tagged for this meme, I thought it'd be fun to do it anyway!

1. One movie that made you laugh
Hot Fuzz

2. One movie that made you cry
Grave of the Fireflies

3. One movie you loved when you were a child
Lion King

4. One movie you’ve seen more than once
Lost in Translation

5. One movie you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it
Mean Girls - it's great on the pack mentality of high school!

6. One movie you hated
A Lot Like Love

7. One movie that scared you
It

8. One movie that bored you
Ang Lee's The Hulk

9. One movie that made you happy
Any Pixar film really

10. One movie that made you miserable
Monster's Ball

11. One movie you weren’t brave enough to see
Any of the Saw movies, and I have no desire to rectify that!

12. One movie character you’ve fallen in love with
Juno Macguff in Juno (Ellen Page)

13. The last movie you saw
Paprika

14. The next movie you hope to see
Possibly Iron Man

I'm meant to tag 5 people, but I won't. But if you do it, let me know in the comments!

Labels: ,

Blogger pearlie said...

Oh dear, would you believe it if I were to tell you that I have not seen any you've listed except the cartoons! At least I have seen Iron Man and you haven't ;) But like I just told someone - I am so forgetful and absent minded that I can watch a movie twice still wonder about happen next the second time round!! haha

1. One movie that made you laugh
Mars Attack?

2. One movie that made you cry
Can't remember any!!

3. One movie you loved when you were a child
The Sound of Music, I think since movies weren't that a big thing when I was a kid!!

4. One movie you’ve seen more than once
Quite a lot - Sound of Music hundreds of times, My Fair Lady, Incredibles, and a whole lot of others

5. One movie you loved, but were embarrassed to admit it
It would have to be A Walk in the Clouds :P

6. One movie you hated
Oh yes, I remember this one - Collateral. Rotten Tomatoes had it reviewed at over 90% - I gave it a ZERO.

7. One movie that scared you
I don't watch horror movies - but I suppose it would be Omen, I watched it when I was younger and I remember Aliens, freaked me out!!! in the cinema and can't wait to go home. I guess this will also answer Question 2! hahaha

8. One movie that bored you
The new King Kong - I didn't get it.

9. One movie that made you happy
Yup - same as yours - any Pixar ones, but the later ones esp. Ratatouille and Incredibles. Did not watch Monsters Inc.

10. One movie that made you miserable
None, really. Not gonna have a movie make me miserable :P life's too short

11. One movie you weren’t brave enough to see
All horror movies!

12. One movie character you’ve fallen in love with
Can't say ... I suppose you can say all the "underdog" girls ... characters by Julia Stiles, or even Legally Blonde's Reese Witherspoon's character.

13. The last movie you saw
Iron Man!!!

14. The next movie you hope to see
Depends on what my hubby suddenly decides to see :P

5:06 pm  
Blogger BK said...

It was fun reading your picks Pearlie! I only really started watching films a lot when I got to the UK - it was the only decent form of entertainment when I was at boarding school and the best way to relax when I was at uni. As you can see from my picks, I'm also a big fan of the animation medium.

I remember Mars Attack! Didn't watch Collateral or A Walk in the Clouds. I didn't mind King Kong, but I can see why you thought it boring - it definitely could have been cut by at least half an hour. Monsters Inc is worth seeing, it was actually what I was going to put down before I decided I couldn't really choose between the Pixars. I can watch most genres, but like you - I normally avoid horror! And like you, I am a fan of Julia Stiles.

And I have now seen Iron Man - a friend invited me to watch it Friday night :-p. Very entertaining, though probably not something I'll remember 3 years down the road.

Anyone else want to do it?

7:38 pm  
Blogger pearlie said...

it was the only decent form of entertainment
I already have too much drama in the office and at home!

DON'T watch Collateral unless you wanna know what the fuss is all about! and watch A Walk in the Clouds ONLY if you have a soft spot for Keanu Reeves, which I am SURE you don't :D or if you like syrupy romantic movies.

Oh Julia Stiles - I watched the part two of the movie Prince and I (not sure of the title) and couldn't take it that they hv substituted JS with this girl that is just not right for the character.

probably not something I'll remember 3 years down the road
But now that you have said it, I suppose you will remember it 3 years down the road ;)

6:49 am  
Blogger pearlie said...

Hmm.. now that I think about it for Q3, I remember going to watch the first King Kong a looooong time ago when I was in Penang, walking into the old cinema with my dad.

6:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home