Monday, May 07, 2007

Thinking Blogger?


Wow! Talk about a surprise. I was quite taken aback to learn that I have been given a Thinking Blogger award and even more blown away to find out that it was none other than the inestimable Sherman Kuek, "theologian, stand-up comedian, fellow pilgrim" (I'm waiting for him to add Kuek Doctor to his description), who had nominated me. Thanks, Sherman! Although I don't think my humble blog lives up to your high praise. And let me correct your analysis a little. I think you've got it backwards: the reason I don't blog more isn't because I've got a life, but because I'm such a lotus-eater I can't even be bothered to blog more!

I guess it's my turn to pass it on. So...

1. Tim Yao
This one is a no-brainer really. Tim represents a place I used to be at, coming from a committed charismatic perspective (I don't know if he appreciates being labelled as such!). Yet he is irenic, well-read and his posts often have me going: "I've never thought of it from that way before". And I love his passion.

2. Discordant Dude
Well, he doesn't post as much anymore 'cause he's working I guess, but his blog is a great combination of thoughtful ruminations, versifications and calls to action. Another guy whose range and depth of reading is impressive, and who cares a great deal about our country.

3. David BC Tan
Go read him. You'll never fail to learn something. We youngsters need people who's further ahead on the journey.

4. JollyBlogger
JollyBlogger was one of the first Christian bloggers I've ever read, and he remains one of the best. All his posts are intelligent and instructive, often fused with a pastor's heart. His ministry extends beyond his local church community, as shown when I, a Malaysian in the UK, am edified by him! He is a natural bridge-builder, as shown by his willingness to partner with people who hold different positions on certain issues, such as Adrian Warnock, who like me is a non-cessationist, and Stephen Shields, someone aligned with the emerging church. I'm a lurker of sorts on his blog, so he might not notice this nomination, but if he does, we're all grateful, JollyBlogger!

5.Sharon Bakar aka Bibliobibuli
I know she's already got one, but she really deserves it. Not only is this hands down the best blog on books in Malaysia, it really is one of the best book-blogs out there on the Web, period.

I'm supposed to stop here, but I should say there are plenty more I would love to mention: The Internet Monk, Bob Robinson, Education Malaysia, 31, Lingamish etc. etc....

Anyway, guys, here's what you need to do in acceptance of this friendly award:

1. If, and only if, you get tagged, write a post with links to 5 blogs that make you think;

2. Link to this post so that people can easily find the exact origin of the meme,

3. Optional: Proudly display the 'Thinking Blogger Award' (like the one above) with a link to the post that you wrote (here is an alternative silver version if gold doesn't fit your blog).

Also, please make sure you pass this list of rules to the blogs you are tagging.

Labels: , ,

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

congrats! :-)if you are on Sherman's radar that's pretty good.

12:17 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home