Monday, April 16, 2007

Oh no...

not again.

Be still before the LORD and wait patiently for him;
do not fret when men succeed in their ways,
when they carry out their wicked schemes.

Psalm 37:7

UPDATE (17/4/2007): For latest updates, go here. I know someone, although not very well, at Virginia Tech and am glad to report he is fine.

UPDATE 2: Here is an email from aforementioned friend. If you need something concrete to pray for, pray for Steve.

'Thanks so much for your e-mail. The past couple of days have been really crazy. I worked with InterVarsity at Virginia Tech for a year and still have close ties to their community (my wife and I led a retreat for them this past fall).

We're okay and all the folks we're close to are okay, but most of our students know people who were either injured or killed. I'm struggling to balance pastoring and grieving, but I think that's to be expected.

If you could pray for us, that would be much appreciated.'


Challies also has a post on praying for Blacksburg.

UPDATE 3 (18/4): This is likely to be my last update since there's plenty of coverage elsewhere. I was quite moved to see pictures of South Koreans holding vigils as well. Anyway, I just wanted to point to this absolutely superb reflection by Mark Galli. Definitely worth your time.

Post a Comment

<< Home