Sunday, May 14, 2006

Pre-Finals medley

May I run the race before me,
Strong and brave to face the foe,
Looking only unto Jesus,
As I onward go, as I onward go.

I will glory in my Redeemer
His faithfulness my standing place
Though foes are mighty and rush upon me
My feet are firm, held by His grace
My feet are firm, held by His grace

He is my refuge in each deep distress.
the Lord my strength and glorious righteousness;
through floods and flames he leads me safely on
and daily makes his sovereign goodness known

And I will trust in you alone
And I will trust in you alone
For your endless mercy follows me
Your goodness will lead me home.

Taken from
4th stanza of 'May the mind of Christ my Saviour' (Kate Wilkinson, 1925, slight modernization in words and music 2000?)
2nd stanza of 'I Will Glory in my Redeemer' (Steve & Vikki Cook, 2001)
2nd stanza of 'Immortal Honours rest on Jesus' head' (William Gadsby, 1773-1844)
the chorus of 'The Lord's my Shepherd' (Stuart Townend, 1996)

Post a Comment

<< Home