Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Plea for help #1

screamHELP!!!! Revision is not going well at all, and that's being euphemistic. Everyday I wake up and have to do battle with my sinful nature, with sloth and idleness and an apathy of frightening proportions. And I am not winning. And that's just part of the picture. Externalities such as the intimidating nature of revision - so much to study! what to study? what if they come up with killer questions this year? - are strangling me too.

Not helping me is my sudden interest in late 20th century literature. Why, you ask? Isn't that a good thing? Well, normally it would be, except that I am not taking any papers on 20th century lit!

So yes, am stressing. But it's bad stress, i.e the paralysing kind, not good stress i.e the motivating kind. I'm stressing (bad) because I'm not (good) stressed. Hmmm...kind of like cholesterol, actually.

Now I really need to stop trying to find witty zeugmas to link the two together and actually revise.

Sigh. I feel a little like Charlie Brown now. I appreciate prayer, encouragement and kicks up the backside.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

same here brother :) paralyzed with fear, dread and hopelessness; just to let you know that you are not alone in this final hour. hopefully your plans go better than mine :) all best man...don't give up because if you do, there isn't much left for me as well.

standing alongside you,
herngyih

6:11 am  
Blogger Dave said...

:) Hang in there! We'd pray for ya, bro...

12:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home