Sunday, August 31, 2008

Update 2.0

Well, Merdeka Day slipped by almost unnoticed. It's certainly been a subdued affair compared to the half-century extravaganza we had last year. I confess to almost forgetting about it myself. Come to think of it, it's just occurred to me that I didn't meet or even talk to a single Malaysian today! :(

I did however, have a good chat with a Zimbabwean student and a Japanese researcher this evening. I was glad of the opportunity to encourage one, even if feebly, to not leave his life unexamined, to partially quote Socrates, and to use his time in studentdom to think about what being a Christian means, on the one hand. On the other, I had an enjoyable discussion with this lovely Japanese guy and God was gracious that we could naturally talk a little about Christianity during the course of the conversation and that he was interested to know more.

Still, for those of you who might think my life consists of nothing more than deep chats and reading theological books, let me now immediately disabuse you of such romantic notions! :-p Over the course of the week, I've done some weeding and hoeing, learnt about food hygiene, and did more cleaning up. I do find that I can barely muster up any enthusiasm to write anything at the end of the day.

Back to the Merdeka theme, just thought some of you might be interested in Project Malaysia, a forum set up by Malik Imtiaz. I haven't browsed it much, but it looks like it's worth a look. (HT:Rocky Bru)

Will keep on trying to blog, and not reduce it to weekly updates. Thank you, my 6 or 7 patient readers.

Labels: , ,

Post a Comment

<< Home