Friday, June 27, 2008

Questions on prayer partners

Do you have one? A prayer triplet? How often do you meet? How did you go about choosing who your prayer partner/group is/are?

How do you discuss issues with each other? Do you use a checklist? Besides prayer requests, do you systematically go thru other things with each other, eg. specific Bible passages or perhaps discuss a Christian book?

As a student, I used to pray with our CU every Monday morning, before we split into little groups, and it worked moderately well. Even though it was always difficult to get up early at the beginning of the week, I was quite surprised by how often I missed those times after I moved to London! I'm thinking it might be a good thing to find someone to pray with again.

Labels:

Blogger debibo said...

Very rarely do I pray with another person or in groups. My mouth just stays shut. Praying in groups is haaard. Unless I'm with a bunch of 5 year olds and I have to.

12:47 pm  
Blogger BK said...

Thanks Deb for being the only person to comment so far!

I do think it can be scary to pray with another person. I'm not good at it too, as can be seen by my lack of a personal prayer partner/triplet here in London. But it might be good in the long run for sanctification's sake...

2:18 pm  
Blogger debibo said...

for me it's because there're always so many things to talk to God about and the things i want to talk about first is always more specifically personal. so i only pray when i'm with a certain handful of ppl who know almost everything anyway.

also, i don't want to pray for the sake of praying just because everyone else has prayed in the (bible study) group cos then i feel like a hypocrite but then if it's for edification i should, shouldn't i?

6:03 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home