Saturday, October 13, 2007

I know I'm late but...

wow wow wow. I think I'm truly an unabashed Brad Bird fanboy now. Ratatouille finally opened in the UK yesterday and I went to see it tonight with my bro and sis-in-law. Great story, great animation, great heart, great everything. I have nothing to add to the heaping amount of praise it's already garnered. The LA Times piece is well-written and Jeffrey Overstreet's review is thoughtful as always.

A long shot for an Oscar Best Pic nomination (Beauty and the Beast is the only animated film in history to have been nominated)?

*****

Now, where can I get my hands on a copy of The Iron Giant?

Labels: ,

Blogger pearlie said...

Better than never :)
I fell in love with Ratatouille too - was totally immersed in the movie, totally.

I came home after the movie and immediately looked for the-making-of documentaries - you should look them up in YouTube, they are amazing as well and gives a good background on how it is all put together. They are broken into several clips in YouTube.

12:41 pm  
Blogger BK said...

Hi pearlie,

All of a sudden this blog isn't so quiet anymore. :-p Pixar are just brilliant at what they do, aren't they? Thanks for the heads up on youtube, another way to pass the time!

8:29 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home