Thursday, October 11, 2007

Dawkins and Lennox

For those of you who are interested in pursuing the science/religion or atheism/theism debate, the recent debate between Richard Dawkins and John Lennox is now available at Dawkins's official website. I'm not planning to listen to it myself, but do leave a comment if you find something interesting. Mark Meynell thought it was even-handed for the most part, although he was a little frustrated with the format.

I'm guessing John Lennox is probably unknown to most of you. Lennox is Reader in Mathematics and Laing Trust Fellow in Mathematics and Philosophy of Science at Green College, Oxford, which is one of the prettier colleges and just a 5 minutes walk from where I used to live! I've heard Lennox speak in person a few times; twice on science and religion and once an invigorating sermon on Daniel 1, and I can say with confidence that he's supremely intelligent and a very winsome communicator. Come to think of it, I just remembered - I've blogged a talk of his before. It isn't the best of writeups though.

Labels: ,

Post a Comment

<< Home