Monday, June 02, 2008

You are, so be!

I'm currently writing up a Bible study for tomorrow night on Colossians 3:1-11. One of the best but neglected (for me anyway!) aspects of preparing a Bible study is to ponder and internalise it for onself. I mean, if I really stop and think about what this passage is saying...

If I am a Christian:
I am raised with Christ!
I died with him!
My old life is now hidden with him!
When Christ appears to the whole world, I will share in his glory!
Christ is all (that matters), and in all (who trust in him)!

Because I am a Christian, therefore (and not the other way round):
Put to death all those sinful things lurking within you!
Walk away from bad-mouthing and causing damage to relationships!
Put on the new self, why would you want the old raggedy self anyway?!
Put aside all your ethnic, social and cultural prejudices!

And if so:
The wrath of God no longer rests on me!
I am now becoming more and more like how God always intended it to be, renewed in the image of the Creator!
I am now part of the "new humanity"!

Wow. Now if I really grasped that...
Your Majesty, I can but bow
I lay my all before You now
In royal robes I don't deserve
I live to serve your Majesty

Labels: , ,

Post a Comment

<< Home