Wednesday, December 07, 2005

it's that time of year

I popped into my college common room earlier tonight to catch the Man U-Benfica game, to find myself surrounded by excited, fresh-faced teenagers here for their interviews. As I found a place on the sofa, I caught snatches of conversation as people exchanged their interview experiences and frightened those who hadn't had theirs yet, while others debated whether to go out to the pub in the rain.

And to think, 3 years ago, I was in their exact same position; in fact, I was in the very same common room watching a football game (Valencia-somebody, it was a forgettable 0-0 game) after my own 2 interviews, which I had convinced I had botched, and not very bothered about it. (I had low expectations.)

Now I stand on the threshold of graduation.

That's scarier.

As for Man U crashing out of Europe this early for the 1st time in 9 years...no comment. Except to say that tonight, for the 1st time in my life, I've discovered that Fergie is mortal. And sackable.

Post a Comment

<< Home