Friday, September 23, 2005

Summer's come and gone

You say you wander your own land
But when I think about it I don't see how you can
You're aching, you're breaking
And I can see the pain in your eyes
Says everybody's changing
And I don't know why

So little time
Try to understand that I'm
Trying to make a move just to stay in the game
I try to stay awake and remember my name
But everybody's changing
And I don't feel the same

Youre gone from here
Soon you will disappear
Fading into beautiful light
Because everybody's changing
And I don't feel right
- Keane, Everybody's changing

I'm leaving for the UK this Sunday, and I have mixed feelings about it. It's been a summer of transition, I guess, knowing that I'll be passing a few milestones soon - turning 21 at the end of the year, graduating in a year's time, etc. And yet it feels like a summer of limbo too, where one is unsure of everything but he can't really do anything about it until the time comes when push becomes shove. I feel like I want to stay in 'pause' mode for a while longer, but time doesn't wait for anybody, so I have to come out of hibernation, whether I want to or not.

I've met with a few friends, some who don't seem to have changed one iota, but others who have - although I realise that often, it's also me who has changed. It's an inevitable part of the drift of life, but sometimes it sure disturbs my equilibrium.

As I look ahead, I'll have many challenges and responsibilities to take on in the coming year - a lot of them scary - and I think that means blogging will not be near the top of my priorities. I will try to blog as regularly as I can, but please don't be surprised if you find the frequency of my posts diminishing.

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A post that really resonates with myself. Sometimes you couldn't help but wonder ala Mr. Big or 13 turning 30...are you the person u wanna be at that particular age? Would you like yourself if you met your younger persona?

Changing in inevitable. And change itself with maturity and understanding can lend to startling insights into urself and how you got there in the first place.

I will also be undertaking some tasks of magnitude this coming academic year. BK, I look to share your companionship in the trials ahead :) See you at school.

4:05 pm  
Blogger BK said...

I'm back in the UK! It seems as if I only left yesterday...

..zzzzz...

7:50 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home