Sunday, March 30, 2008

The Dangers of Bookishness

From Buzzard Blog:

Quoted in his biography, Martyn Lloyd-Jones provides a great caution against the danger of living

"a kind of second hand spiritual life on books...We may do this for years without realizing that we are living on books instead of living on Christ."

Labels: ,

Blogger pearlie said...

I hear you.

4:35 pm  
Blogger Kar Yong said...

Hmmm.....interesting...should I repent??

Pearlie - repent - you should not even covet 50% of my books in my will!!
(sorry, BK - ter-hijack your blog in getting a message to pearlie..)

10:10 am  
Blogger pearlie said...

Ei ... you offered mar ... Alex and I share lar!

11:07 am  
Blogger Alex Tang said...

hey, I hear my name...

To quote Logan Pearsall Smith
"People say that life is the thing, but I prefer reading."

eh, does that apply to spiritual life?

12:16 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home